HOST A FOOD DRIVE
FOOD DRIVES HELP YOUR NEIGHBORS IN NEED
HOW TO HOLD A FOOD DRIVE
Interested in holding a Food Drive? We can help! If you are beginning to organize your food drive, it is important that you do so by working in conjunction with the Food Bank of NCA. We can provide advice on food safety, what types of items to accept or refuse, and what timing makes the most sense for your event. In addition, we can help publicize your event on our website, social media, or radio campaigns. Plus, benefit from the expertise of others who have hosted a food drive in the past!
RULES WHEN COLLECTING FOOD
MOST NEEDED ITEMS
• Collect only non-perishable food items.
• Do not collect any homemade items.
• Keep personal care items separate from food items (i.e. mouthwash).
• No glass, please! Glass items can chip and break easily in the barrels.
• Canned Meats/Fish/Poultry
• Canned or Packaged Meals
• Macaroni & Cheese
• Peanut Butter
• Cereal and crackers
• Beans, Soups, Stews, and Chili
• Canned Vegetables and Fruits
• Fruit Juices
It all begins with one
Our work at the Food Bank of North Central Arkansas is often described in numbers — millions of meals, thousands of families, hundreds of partners. You may feel there is no way you can make a difference, but making a difference begins with one.